Whether from a burst washer hose, a rainstorm, or a kitchen fire, any sort of flooding calls for professional water damage restoration. In fact, experts agree that anything more than a few square feet of soaked carpet pose a significant risk of mold, disease, and building damage if you try to take care of it yourself. And you have just 24 to 48 hours to prevent that harm. JW Home Care is your Reedley, California water damage expert, including mold restoration and extensive structural dry out. We’re ready for immediate action, 24/7/365.
JW Home Care is an experienced, top-rated, family owned and operated business. We’re fully licensed and insured, and maintain the latest in professional water extraction, and structural dry out equipment. Our technicians, all thoroughly trained, experienced, and licensed, are on-call 24 hours a day for the best in water damage restoration services.
Water Damage in Reedley
Professional water damage removal boils down to achieving the most rapid and thorough drying possible in order to avoid further damage. Water quickly soaks through flooring, makes its way through even the smallest of cracks and openings, and then quickly penetrates deeply into porous building materials even with a small leak such as a overflowing tub. There’s really no way of stopping that, and the resulting deep-down dampness can take several weeks to evaporate even with extra ventilation. Yet it can cause drywall to fall apart and wood to swell, warp, and crack in as little as 1 to 2 days. As a water damage company, we find it helpful to think of the process in 5 basic stages.
- Water Removal – Pump out any standing water. And if there’s sewage or other contamination you’ll also need thorough disinfection services. In fact any water, regardless of its source, must be treated as a bio-hazard teeming with germs and viruses after 24 hours.
- Water Extraction – We can remove up to twice as much wetness and cut as much as several days of the time it takes to get everything safely dry by using powerful specialized equipment.
- Structural Dry Out – Typically to remove every last bit of excess moisture involves lifting or removing carpet, removing baseboards, and using unique refrigerant dehumidifiers to actively pull out all remaining dampness.
- Odor Removal – Fungus, such as mold, bacteria, and other microorganisms often lead to smells requiring special odor neutralizing methods.
- Water Damage Removal – Repairing the initial damage.
Mold can become a major issue if water damage restoration doesn’t begin soon enough. Mold remediation may also need to be done as a result of poor ventilation in a bathroom or a leaky pipe. And you may have a bigger problem than you think. Mold actually prefers dark places and loves to grow under flooring and inside walls. Many species and colors are especially toxic, and all of them spread by way of nearly invisible floating spores. That’s why only highly trained, licensed specialists, such as those as JW Home Care should undertake mold remediation. The process involves thoroughly isolating the affected area, mold removal by any of several different techniques, applying eco-friendly mildicide, and removing odors from throughout the building.
Smoke and Odor Removal
Beyond carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning you’ll need expert smoke and odor removal after a fire, flood, or mold outbreak. Our specialty services can treat the entire building and all contents at once by neutralizing odors with non-toxic and eco-friendly ozone generators and other industry best-practices.
Our experience and expertise also includes fire damage removal. It all starts with board-up and tarp overs. Our emphasis is then on structural dry out after firefighting along with smoke and odor clean up for the building itself as well as for your furniture and other possessions. It’s often best to utilize our pack out services. We’ll assess, carefully pack, and move your belongings to our secure facility near Newbury Park for full treatment and storage until building renovation is complete.
Pack Out Services
It’s best to get furniture and other possessions out of a wet or contaminated environment especially for large homes or businesses. We’ll inventory everything and move it to our secure facility near Reedley for treatment and storage.